Earn Your Degree and Be Part of the Cure
Health law has become an increasingly complicated, diverse domain. From the ever-evolving tangle of regulations to the complexity of medicare and medicaid systems, the healthcare industry can never have too many sharp legal minds.
The Gitenstein Institute Advanced Research Fellowship is a paid legal research and writing fellowship with a concentration in Health Law.
The concentration program helps you build relationships with faculty, select courses, and pursue activities and work experiences in health law.
Medical-Legal Partnership (MLP)
The MLP provides much-needed legal and medical care to underserved patients across Long Island and New York City by uniting social, medical, legal, and academic resources.
Top School for Health Law “A+” Rating
Health Law Careers
Hofstra Law students have worked in these selected internships and externships:
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island
- HIV Law Project
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Nassau County Department of Social Services
- Nemours Office of Child Health Policy and Advocacy
- New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation
- New York State Department of Health, Office of Professional Medical Conduct
- New York State Mental Hygiene Legal Service
- New York State Office of the Attorney General, Medicaid Fraud Control Unit
- New Yorkers for Patient & Family Empowerment
- Northwell Health
- Office of the Cook County (Illinois) Public Guardian
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services