If you are having any difficulty using this website, please contact the Help Desk at Help@nullHofstra.edu or 516-463-7777 or Student Access Services at SAS@nullhofstra.edu or 516-463-7075. Please identify the webpage address or URL and the specific problems you have encountered and we will address the issue.

International Students

International Students

International J.D. students (along with all J.D. applicants) are automatically considered for an Honors (merit-based) Scholarship.

International LL.M. students are reviewed individually by the Director of the LL.M. program for which they are applying for any potential scholarship.

In regard to additional financial assistance, the best resource for grants to study abroad at the Maurice A. Deane School of Law is your own country.

For more information, we suggest that you contact your current or previous educational institution’s advisement office or a local educational advising center.

We also suggest that you visit eduPASS! The SmartStudent Guide to Studying in the USA. It is an excellent website for students interested in studying in the United States.

Your own government may have financial aid available and may require that you return home after your education is complete. Contact your country’s embassy or your department of education for more information, since there are many awards which require you to be nominated by your government.

The only alternative financing available is through a private lender/bank. Most require a co-signer who is a U.S. citizen. Approval of these loans is made independently by the lending institution after Hofstra certifies your enrollment and cost of attendance.