If you are having any difficulty using this website, please contact the Help Desk at Help@nullHofstra.edu or 516-463-7777 or Student Access Services at SAS@nullhofstra.edu or 516-463-7075. Please identify the webpage address or URL and the specific problems you have encountered and we will address the issue.

Continuing Students

Continuing Students

If you are a continuing student, here are the steps to apply for financial aid.

Step 1: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

If you have not already done so, file the FAFSA. You will need an FSA ID to complete the FAFSA and to log-in to all federal student aid websites. Students can create an FSA ID for the first time here.

Be sure to submit the FAFSA by the recommended March 1 deadline.

Step 2: Accept your federal Stafford and/or Grad PLUS loan offers.

Log in to the Hofstra portal to accept or decline your federal loan offers, following these instructions: How to Access Your Financial Aid Award.

Step 3: Complete Grad PLUS or private loan applications.

Grad PLUS Loan borrowers must reapply every academic year at www.studentloans.gov.

Important note: Be sure to keep an eye on your Hofstra email account and ensure your contact information is updated! Your aid could be delayed if problems or questions arise and we are unable to track you down due to old or inaccurate contact information.

If you have further questions, please call 516-463-8000 or email the Office of Financial Aid at lawfinaid@hofstra.edu, and we would be glad to help.