Resources for Commuter Students
Off-Campus Living and Commuting Student Services
221 Student Center
200 Hofstra University
Hempstead, New York 11549
516-463-3469 | 516-463-RIDE
Office Hours: Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Off-Campus Living and Commuting Student Services complements the University's quality education by enhancing the co-curricular life of commuting students. We do so by connecting them to the larger campus community, by programming and outreach, by helping develop off campus citizenship and by advocating for their equal access to all University services.
- Off-Campus Living and Commuting Student Services works to assess the needs of the commuting population, then programs activities and events accordingly.
- We advertise and communicate in a way that is easy and convenient to commuting students. Not only promoting our office, but departments campus wide.
- We encourage commuting students to get involved on campus, either in a club or organization, a sports team, intramurals or student employment.
- Our office works to make sure commuting students know that they have equal access rights to all Hofstra University has to offer. In addition, we work to make sure the commuting student voice is recognized across departments.
- We provide off campus housing information and area resources
Visit the Hofstra University website for more information.