- Final Exam Tips
- Accessing Your ExamSoft Password
- Requesting a Re-Download of Your ExamSoft Exam Files
- Important Final Exam Links
- General Computer Exam Instructions
We wish all of you the best of luck on your final exams! There is some important advice we would like to give you before you take your final exams (whether on computer or not).
- Back up, Back up, Back up. You need to be backing up your data/documents at least weekly; ideally, you would back up daily. There are several ways to back up you data.
- Get a memory flash drive. You can buy a 4GB flash drive at any office or electronics store for less than $10.
- Back up to the network drive. You can back up 100MB of data on your network drive, which you can access via My Files on the My Hofstra Portal.
- E-mail your important documents to yourself via your Hofstra Gmail account. It’s a nice way of being able to access your backed-up data/documents basically anywhere, and you have 2GB of storage space on your GMail account.
- Make sure your computer is working properly. If you have any hardware problems — such as battery, screen, keyboard — get them fixed immediately. Do not try to work out your problems during exams. You can come by our office during Open Computer Hours, and if we can’t fix the problem, we can give you advice on what to do.
- Make sure you bring your power cord to all your exams. We do not let students take exams on computer on strictly battery.
- Make sure you can connect to the Internet using HU PREFERRED not HU GUEST. You need access to the Internet to upload your exam files.
- Make sure you know your final exam numbers. Use the related link to access your exam numbers.
- Don’t install any programs on your laptop computer until after finals. If you do, run a practice exam on the exam software to make sure it is working properly. Also, if you have to do a Windows update, run a practice exam on the exam software to make sure it is working.
- Keep your laptops free of viruses and spyware. Don’t go to any questionable websites on the Internet.
- Make sure you have enough printing credit to print your final outlines for exams. To check your printing credit, use the “My Account” button on the home page of the My Hofstra Portal.
If you don’t have enough printing credit and are on a journal, or if you are a research assistant, you can get more credit by emailing email@example.com. Make sure to include your Hofstra username, the last digit of your 700 number and the name of either the journal you are on or the professor for whom you are working as a research assistant.
If you are not on a journal or a research assistant, go to the Student Accounts office (on the second floor of Memorial Hall, Room 206) and purchase more printing credit.
- To access your ExamSoft website password, search your Hofstra Gmail account for “Softest.” There should be an email from ExamSoft noting your username and password.
- If the password for your email does not work, that means you changed it. Please email the Law School Help Desk for your password.
- To request access to re-download your exam files, please email the Law School Help Desk.
- Hofstra Exam Software Site — Examsoft Site (Requires Username and Password)
- Exam Schedule
- Exam Regulations