As an upper-level student, you have the opportunity to receive substantial scholarship support thanks to generous funding from alumni and other members of the Hofstra Law community.
Below is a list of available upper-level scholarships, including the following information for each: the range of the award, a short description of the scholarship, key criteria and a link to the application.
APALSA/SALSA ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP (Range of award: $1,000-$2,999)
- Awarded to a student(s) who has demonstrated a commitment to the Asian-Pacific American Law Students Association (APALSA) and/or the South Asian Law Student Association (SALSA), strong academic performance (with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0) and financial need.
Established by John Bae ’89 and Fusae Nara ’91 and other APALSA/SALSA alumni.
BLACK LAW STUDENTS ALUMNI ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP (Range of award: $1,000-$2,999)
- Awarded to a student(s) in good standing who is a member of the Black Law Students Association for at least one year, has a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75, demonstrates a commitment to public service, and demonstrates academic achievement and financial need.
Established by the Black Law Students Alumni Association.
LINDA CARMODY-ROBERTS ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP IN TRUSTS & ESTATES/ELDER LAW (Range of award: $3,000-$4,999)
- Awarded to a student pursuing a career in the area of trusts and estates, particularly in elder law.
Established by George Roberts in memory of his wife, Linda Carmody-Roberts ’74.
SARI M. FRIEDMAN ’77, ’80 ENDOWED LAW SCHOLARSHIP
(Range of award: $3,000-$4,999)
- Awarded to a deserving student (or students) based on academic achievement and/or financial need, with preference given to a student with a concentration in family law.
Established by Sari M. Friedman '77, '80.
THE HONORABLE FRANK A. GULOTTA ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP OF THE COLUMBIAN LAWYERS’ ASSOCIATION OF NASSAU COUNTY, INC.
(Range of award: $5,000-$9,999)
- Awarded to an upper-level student who is a resident of Nassau County and has at least one parent of Italian ancestry.
Established by the Columbian Lawyers' Association of Nassau County in recognition of the Honorable Frank A. Gulotta.
PETER S. KALIKOW ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP
(Range of award: $10,000-$14,999)
- Awarded to an upper-level student who has demonstrated an outstanding record of achievement.
Established by Peter S. Kalikow, a trustee of Hofstra University.
SIDNEY AND PEARL KALIKOW ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP
(Range of award: $1,000-$2,999)
- Awarded to an upper-level student who has demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and financial need.
Established by Edward Kalikow ’78 in memory of his parents, Sidney and Pearl Kalikow.
LALSA ENDOWED ALUMNI SCHOLARSHIP
(Range of award: $1,000-$2,999)
- Awarded by the LALSA Alumni Scholarship Fund Committee to provide economic support to those students who exhibit a commitment to the Latino community and/or to the Hofstra University Chapter of the Latino/a Law Students Association, financial need for additional resources with which to finance their legal education, and academic promise toward completing a J.D. degree at Hofstra University.
ONE HUNDRED BLACK MEN ENDOWED LAW SCHOLASHIP (Range of award: $1,000-$3,000)
- Established by One Hundred Black Men to support the education of outstanding students at Hofstra Law.
ARTHUR PERGAMENT ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP (Range of award: $3,000-$4,999)
- Awarded to a meritorious J.D./M.B.A. degree candidate.
Established by Arthur Pergament '85.
JOSEPH M. RIZZO MEMORIAL ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP (Range of award: $1,000-$2,999)
- Awarded to a deserving upper-level law student (or students) who demonstrates academic achievement and an interest in pursuing a career in criminal law.
Established by Jessica Zimmerman '04, the Rizzo family and friends in memory of Joseph M. Rizzo.