- Receive permission from current law school’s dean to visit the Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University.
- Apply to and be accepted by Hofstra Law.
- Register for classes.
- Complete the home institution’s Consortium Agreement (PDF) and forward to Hofstra Law Office of Financial Aid. Hofstra Law will verify enrollment, complete the form (provide cost of living and the total number of credits for which you are registered) and return the Consortium Agreement to student’s home institution.
- Apply for financial aid/loans through home institution.
- Home institution will forward tuition payment from loan proceeds to Hofstra University, Office of Student Financial Services, 126 Hofstra University, 205 Memorial Hall, Hempstead, NY 11549. The student’s home institution should forward any remaining funds directly to the student.
Note: It is the student’s responsibility to arrange for any transcripts to be sent back to their home institution.